Managing through change is extremely important, as if it is not managed correctly, change can often lead to uncertainty and turbulence in the workplace. It can distract people from their goals and objectives and performance suffers.
This module has been developed to provide learners with an increased understanding of why managing change is important, the different reactions to change, and how to implement change effectively.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain why managing change is important
- Describe the changes that affect us at work and in life
- Describe different reactions to change
- Identify the difference between Change and Transition
- Be able to explain why people may resist Change and Transition
- Be aware of the different phases of transition
- Identify the appropriate management skills to use with employees displaying a range of behaviours/reaction to change
- Describe what you are responsible for in managing change
- Know how to implement change effectively
- Identify key steps in implementing change successfully